A wire ferrule is a simple way to finish off the end of stranded copper wire and prepare it to be used in a screw terminal like you’d find on a charge controller.
Crimping a wire ferrule onto a stranded wire can turn a ugly, high resistance messy wire end into a neat and tidy, low resistance professionally finished wire.
Wire Ferrules by Size
- 22 AWG – 14 AWG Assorted: https://amzn.to/3aqCuFt
- 12 AWG – https://amzn.to/2wMzTHl
- 10 AWG – https://amzn.to/2UsYni1
- 8 AWG – https://amzn.to/3buoZET
- 6 AWG – https://amzn.to/2UGNx6S
- 4 AWG – https://amzn.to/2QSO2cP
- 2 AWG – https://amzn.to/2vUMtUq
*Screw terminals requiring ferrules larger than 2 AWG are rare.*
Wire Ferrule Crimpers
- 23 – 10 AWG: https://amzn.to/2WQb2Ne
- 10 – 6 AWG: https://amzn.to/2Jiwtih
- 6 – 2 AWG: https://amzn.to/2UJ746v