Hey! Nate from EXPLORIST.life here… If you are on this page, I suspect you’ve likely got a question. GREAT! I really try to keep up with all of the questions I get asked from day-to-day about teaching people how to build DIY Campers. I know you are here looking for an email address, but I have several other ways for you to ask questions so that it is beneficial for the entire DIY camper building community. Here we go…
Question about a Product or Wiring Kit?
Having trouble with an order or with a component purchased through shop.explorist.life? Submit an order ticket here: https://shop.explorist.life/support/
Having trouble with a component purchased elsewhere? Contact the place you purchased the component from for tech support.
If you Have a Question:
First: 97% of the time, the answers to your questions have been answered by a dedicated EXPLORIST.life video or blog post. So check for a video or blog post about your questions there:
If this/these questions are in regards to ‘how’ to wire a system together, I have diagrams available that meet the needs of 95% of people.
I also have full install videos for some of these systems here:
If you can’t find a video we’ve made talking about your specific questions, I STRONGLY encourage you to browse the comments section of our videos or blog posts as I’ve spent HUNDREDS of hours answering THOUSANDS of questions, and I’m starting to think that there isn’t a question out there that I haven’t answered in the comments section of one of our videos or blog posts. So I recommend spending some time reading through those.
If you still can’t find the answer to your question. It’s VITAL to read the manual of the piece of equipment you have a question on. Most of the time; the manufacturer has told you how to wire/install/program something, and it’s all inside of the user manual. For example… A common question I get is asking if a 200-300Ah battery bank will work with a Victron Multiplus 3k 12V. The answer to that question is on Pg. 8 of the user manual as Victron makes a specific minimum battery bank size recommendation there. So… read the manual.
Need something else?
Still can’t find the answer to your question?
If you’ve exhausted all of the above resources I’ve made available to you; feel free to ask your questions in the comments section of a related blog post or YouTube video and add to the crowdsourced info bank below each of the blog posts. Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of questions I get, I can’t guarantee I’ll answer your question, but I do spend HOURS every week responding to comments (Priority #4) in between making videos (Priority #1), running the business (Priority #2) and attempting to have a life outside of work (Priority #3); so I am doing my best. Here are a few tips to have the best chance of getting your questions answered:
- Number your questions. This makes responding to multi-part questions much faster on my end.
- End your questions with a question mark so I know what you are specifically asking about.
- Give me enough info about your system to actually answer your question. A question like “My system isn’t working. Why not?” will go unanswered 100% of the time.
- Ask your question on Sunday morning at 5am MST on one of our YouTube Videos. New Videos go out at 5am MST and I am generally awake and answering questions. Questions that get asked while I am actively answering questions and follow the above three rules have the highest chance of getting answered in a semi-timely fashion.
- Don’t follow up with your question and ask why I haven’t responded to it if it is a weekend or after hours. Please remember that I am a human being with a life outside of work and do not enjoy being berated for not answering your question at 2 am on a Saturday night. I will 100% not answer if you do this.
Want to pay me to answer your question?
I’m flattered, and thank you, but I no longer offer personalized consulting (including wiring diagram reviews). Bumping ‘answering questions’ up from priority #4 to priority #1 means that I don’t have enough time to make videos, properly run the business, or have much of a life outside of work; so consulting, wiring diagram reviews, and custom wiring diagrams are no longer an option; but hopefully all of the above listed resources will get you pointed in the right direction.
If you are looking for specific consulting, please check out our Certified Installer Network and reach out to an installer that can provide the service you are looking for.